****CONTEST CLOSED. WINNER CHOSEN!****
CONGRATULATIONS, KRIS I.!
Honestly, I never really understood this love for wool dryer balls. I’m curious who the person is who came up with the whole idea.
Did they one day say to themselves, “hmmm, what should I do with this crazy wool collection I have. Ah! I’ll wrap it into a ball and toss it in the dryer to help evenly dry my clothes, cut down on static and speed up the whole process!”
If they thought that, then they certainly deserve an award or something. I would have never come up with the idea.
So, why use a wool dryer ball?
1) They bounce around your dryer (basically pounding your clothes and diapers) thereby keeping your laundry soft.
2) They bounce around your dryer (…) thereby separating the items and decreasing the drying time.
A month ago, Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique sent me 4 Buddha Bunz Wool Dryer balls to try out. I have been using them in every load and I have definitely noticed that the clothes are softer. Beth did tell me that the Buddha Bunz wahm suggests 8 for extra large loads…which is pretty much every one of my loads.
Because of this I haven’t noticed a decrease in drying time BUT I do have a new dryer and I don’t think I have the thing figured out. I thought it’d be the washer I’d have issues with!
Another very slight effect of using dryer balls is a minimal decrease in static. I feel like this has been a big improvement for me. Athletic shorts don’t stick to everything in the load and you don’t hear that crackle that I use to hear.
Over the course of a year the price of 4-8 Buddha Bunz dryer balls would be worth it. If you are currently using dryer sheets and/or fabric softener (not good for cloth diapers unless you are using a safe brand) then you will see the savings quickly.
On a slightly different note, while I was looking for the Buddha Bunz dryer balls on Sweetbottoms Baby I discovered a very neat program that she has. It’s called the Newborn Diaper Rental program. I *highly* encourage you to check it out if you are expecting. If I didn’t have so many newborn diapers already I might have done it myself!
Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique is giving away 4 Buddha Bunz Wool Dryer balls to one of my readers. There are a few ways to enter this time, PLEASE make them separate comments if you want more than one entry!
- Become a fan of Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique on Facebook.
- Visit http://www.sweetbottomsbaby.com and tell me one thing you’d buy right now if you didn’t have to think about the budget you’ve already done :)
- Make a guess as to what I just bought as I was typing out these giveaway guidelines– seriously! I have a problem!
- Buddha Bunz are great for everyone! Send someone you know that uses a dryer (and maybe you want to influence them to cloth diaper ;) ) over here to enter the giveaway.
I will be camping from Monday-Friday this week. I will approve comments off and on so if you don’t see your entry don’t panic, it will be. The contest will end Saturday around noon.
Autumn is a wife, mother, homeschool teacher, friend and most important a follower of Christ.