Even parents who use disposable diapers are starting to use cloth swim diapers! Yay! It’s because cloth swim diapers are so easy AND cute! I’ve written about swim diapers before, and since then there are so many more amazing options available. You really can’t go wrong!
Swim diapers are not absorbent. If there were, they would soak up the pool/lake/ocean as well. They are made to hold in solids, that’s all. What this means is that solid poo should be contained in a swim diaper and pee will pass through. But, so will exclusively breastfed poo if it’s very runny. Just be aware…and ready for the possibility!
Here is a link to a great post, The Truth about Swim Diapers and Exclusively Breastfed Babies, written by Stephanie Beck for thegreennursery.com. It is an amazing explanation of exactly how swim diapers work and exactly what they will and won’t hold in. If you have a second, you should check it out!
I received a Funky Fluff Swim Diaper to review. All opinions and statements made are 100% honest and true.
I have a huge crush on pretty much anything flamingo. As soon as I saw that this print was going to be released I reached out to Funky Fluff to see if I could get my hands on it. I mean come on! Look at those gorgeous pink birds!
But if you aren’t a fan, there are a few other choices!
The Funky Fluff Swim Diaper is one-size and designed to fit 7-35 pounds. It features:
- double leg gussets which make it SUPER easy to get a great fit
- a mesh interior which makes it more comfortable for baby instead of having PUL was exposed
- 4 rise settings for a super customizable fit
- hip snaps to prevent wing droop
- crossover snaps for smaller babies
Things I like…
- You already know that I LOVE the prints!
- Amazing material quality and well-made. All Funky Fluff products I’ve tried share the same level of quality.
- The double leg gussets truly make it easy for anyone to get a great fit on pretty much any baby. Norah has luscious thighs and I had NO issues getting this to fit easily.
Something I might change…
I’d love to see the Tango/Flamingo print available in a cloth diaper or wet bag!
A few action shots of Norah in her Funky Fluff Swim Diaper (and matching flamingo bathing suit and towel)! She is 9 months, 20 lbs and on the 3rd row for the rise.
Retail price is $19.95. These are available at your favorite Funky Fluff retailers now.