The LolliDoo Eco Pocket is an overnight cloth diaper. Many of my readers requested reviews of this diaper so here it is..
- Pocket diaper allows for customizable absorbency by changing the number of Innies™ stuffed into the pocket opening
Comes with 3 Absorbency Innies™ (optional)
- Certified organic cotton skin layer, a plush and durable french terry fleece, absorbs moisture while providing softness against baby’s skin
- Our signature recycled Malden Mills anti-pill 300-weight fleece outer provides wetness protection without the need for a diaper cover
- Generous one-size design, adjusts easily with internal cinch-sizing and fits from birth through potty learning, eliminating the need to buy diapers in each size as your baby grows
- Closure snaps are made from recycled, recyclable stainless steel
- Made in the USA
Fit: If you stuff the pocket with all 3 Innies™ the diaper is huge! For a toddler this would most likely be necessary. Sterling is not a heavy wetter at night but all 3 are wet in the morning. I can’t think of why I’d want to use this diaper outside of nighttime so using less the 3 inserts wouldn’t occur. If you are using this on an infant then 2 Innies™ would work but I can imagine the bulk would be substantial.
I’m able to get a nice snug fit on Sterling’s skinny legs and waist. I also like the softness of the fleece around the leg elastic which prevents red marks.
Adjustability: Accessing the adjustable elastic is simple. I had no problems choosing the right size and making it equal on both sides.
Ease of care: I bought this diaper new and within a few uses it was reeking big time of ammonia. The terry cotton and polar fleece are magnets for buildup and with hard water I’m destined to deal with that. The polar fleece quickly pilled up (1st wash) but that’s completely expected.
Absorbency: Innies™ are organic cotton knit terry which is adequately absorbent. Stacking 3 together gives you nighttime protection. The polar fleece does an excellent job at holding in the moisture and allowing air flow.
Construction: I find the snaps very hard to snap. They are tiny stainless steel snaps buried in this thick polar fleece. Not something you want to mess with in low lighting or with a squirmy baby.
The inner fabric is organic cotton (you can choose stay dry). If your baby is sensitive to feeling moisture then choose the stay dry at night. I’ve found also that if you use a stay dry liner at night it lessens the chance of a rash if ammonia is present.
I hate trying to get poop off of rough organic cotton–this is not smooth and soft like the organic cotton in Bum Genius Elementals– so make sure to change your baby right away in the morning ;)
I look forward to trying LolliDoo on the new baby next month!
Autumn is a wife, mother, homeschool teacher, friend and most important a follower of Christ.